Buffalo Animal Adventures is now accepting resumes for their cheif animal care associate, Director of Husbandry
Buffalo Animal Adventures, Inc. is the premier vehicle for exotic wildlife education. It is our mission to educate and promote awareness of exotic wildlife and the conservation of their natural environments; in doing so, we provide the highest quality care for our wildlife. The Director of Husbandry will report directly to the Associate Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Directly supervise all Animal Care Associates.
· Work in collaboration with the Associate Director to construct weekly scheduling of Animal Care Associates to ensure proper coverage of care personnel seven days a week.
· Maintain records of daily animal husbandry in compliance with the policies and procedures of Buffalo Animal Adventures, Inc. and guidelines set forth by the US Department of Agriculture.
· Perform daily husbandry duties including feeding, maintaining sanitation standards, grooming, hygiene as well as animal enrichment initiatives.
· Maintain safety standards of Buffalo Animal Adventures, Inc. and the US Department of Agriculture.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to interact with several types of animals including mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Behavior, Animal Sciences, Ecology, Biology, or related degree. Master’s Degree preferred.
Submit Resumes To:
Jeffrey J. Scharoun, Executive Director
Buffalo Animal Adventures, Inc.
PO Box 45
West Seneca, New York 14224